Planning Guide Your Wedding in Bali
How to get married in Bali
For a wedding in Bali, there are several procedures to follow:
Pre Departure requirements for your legal wedding
In order that the necessary formalities may be initiated prior to your arrival in Bali, the following documentation must be sent to the Mirage & Thalasso Spa resort Bali 4 to 8 weeks prior to your arrival date.
- Copies of each passport, and should be valid for at least six (06) months following the date of arrival in Bali
- Copies of both birth certificates
- Full name, religion, occupation and domicile of both parties
- Copy of decree(s) absolute if either person is divorced
- Copy of death certificate if either person is a widow/widower
- Copy of evidence of parental consent in the form of a sworm affidavit stamped by a Notary Public if either person is under 21 years old
- • Name and full address of the parents of both parties included.
- Five (05) pieces of passport sized photographs (4x6cm) are required. You must be photographed as a couple, bridegroom on the right side and bride on the left side (as you look at the photo). Either black & white of color photographs are acceptable
Local Legal Requirements
The couple should take the originals of all documents mentioned above to Bali, as the couple will be required to make a sworn statement of their intention to marry in Bali at the respective Embassy or General Consulate of their country origin (either in Jakarta or Bali). They will need to have the Certificate on No Impediment. They are to bring another four (4) pieces black and white photographs for administration purposes. An additional nominal administration charge shall apply depending on the rules and regulation of each respective country. This payment is not included in any of our packages. Please contact your Embassy or Consulate in Jakarta or Bali for further information, as you might need extra certain legal documents from your government . British nationality people or other nations with no consulate in Bali should stay at least one (1) night in Jakarta for their sworn statement letter purposes.
Legal Wedding Arrangement
One who wishes to get married legally in Indonesia (Bali) either local or foreign citizen, must firstly possess the religious wedding requirements below. This would require additional documentation apart from the existing local legal documents required above:
A. Catholic Religious Wedding Ceremony
- A statement from the local church in their country stating that both parties are bachelor and spencer.
- A letter of recommendation from their church to request the church in Bali to officiate and bless the wedding ceremony
- Statement from the church in their country of the candidate status i.e. widowed.
- Prove of Baptism
- Both parties should be of the same religion
B. Protestant Religious Wedding Ceremony
- Letter of recommendation from the Protestant church in their country to be addressed to the Sinode Council of Protestant Church in Denpasar ( Bali ), requesting Bali church to bless the wedding
- If one of the couple in not Protestant, he/she needs to write a statement stating his/her agreement to be blessed in Protestant.
- Prove of Baptism
Your Preparation after arrival in Bali
On the Day of Arrival a meeting is to be arranged between the couple and a staff from our wedding team, to discuss the colour of bouquet, place of venue etc etc . including any optional item requested.
Your Wedding Date
The wedding ceremony can be arranged at any day of the week. The legal Wedding Ceremony might require extra efforts or extra charge if it is held on Saturday, Sunday or public holidays.
Your Wedding Day
- 4 hours prior to the ceremony:
make up & hair do preparations
- 10 minutes to ceremony:
• Our wedding co-ordinator will pick up the groom and escort him to the near by wedding venue
• A second wedding co-ordinator along With 2 Balinese Dancer will pick up Bride and will accompany you to the Respective wedding venue
- Proceedings of the wedding ceremony
• Welcoming and position taking
• Blessings by the Priest
• Registration of Marriage
• Signing of the Certificates
• Opening of the Champagne
• Toasting with the bride
• Toasting with the friends
• Cake cutting ceremony
• Cake eating and distribution
• Photo taken on respective location
Length of Stay
We recommend you to plan at least 10 nights stay at the Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Bali.